text size A A A
Health & Wellness
Mission: To help Florida’s elders remain healthy, safe and independent.
What are evidence-based health promotion programs?
These are programs that have been researched and proven to be effective in the prevention and symptom management of certain chronic health conditions.
Types of evidence-based programs:
- Chronic disease self-management
- Falls prevention programs
- Fitness programs
- Nutrition programs
- Strength and balance programs
- Mental health programs
What are the benefits to participants of evidence-based programs?
- Aid in overcoming fatigue
- Enhanced symptom and pain management
- Improved food choices and portion control
- Opportunities to connect socially
- Increased and maintained strength and balance
Return to Top
Health & Wellness Home | Evidence-based Programs | Top Evidence-based Programs
Falls Prevention | How To Get Involved | AAA Tools | Helpful Websites | Contact Us