|The rules included in this section are rules in development or are proposed rules. These rules have not been adopted in final form. For current adopted rules, please refer to DOEA Rules and Statutes.|
General Information Regarding Submitting a Waiver Petition
Click on the links below for more information:
On March 9, 2018, the Florida Legislature ratified Department of Elder Affairs rule 58A-5.036, Florida Administrative Code. A copy of the rule can be found here: https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ruleNo.asp?id=58A-5.036
Assisted Living Facilities now have until June 1, 2018, to come into compliance with the requirements of the rule. Emergency management plans should be submitted to the facilityâ€™s local emergency management office. Please consult the rule for more details.
For more information on extensions of time or other details related to compliance, please visit http://ahca.myflorida.com/mchq/emergency_activities/epp.shtml
If the document you are looking for is not available on our website, you can request it through our Public Records Office.
Office of the General Counsel
Florida Department of Elder Affairs
4040 Esplanade Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399-7000
Federal Aging Programs
- Notice of Rule Development / Rule Workshop - Rules 58A-5.0131, 58A-5.014, 58A-5.0181, 58A-5.0182, 58A-5.0185, 58A-5.019, 58A-5.0191, 58A-5.024, 58A-5.029, 58A-5.030, 58A-5.031
- Rule Workshop Agenda
- Notice of Proposed Rule - Rules 58A-5.0131, 58A-5.014, 58A-5.0181, 58A-5.0182, 58A-5.0185, 58A-5.019, 58A-5.0191, 58A-5.024, 58A-5.029, 58A-5.030, 58A-5.031
- Rule Hearing Agenda
- Notice of Change Rule 58A-5.024
Purpose And Effect: The Department of Elder Affairs announces the commencement of rulemaking proceedings to implement statutory changes to Parts I and II of ch. 744, F.S., and to the Departmentâ€™s oversight of public and professional guardians.
Subject Area To Be Addressed: The rulemaking will establish standards of practice, complaint investigations, disciplinary guidelines, and enforcement procedures for public and professional guardians as well as implement revision of rules as needed based on legislative changes.
Emergency Petitions For variance from Rule 58A-5.036, F.A.C.
- IN RE: Titusville Housing Authority d/b/a Titusville Towers
- IN RE: The Highlands at The Glenridge on Palmer Ranch
- IN RE: One HC-Jensen Beach, LLC
- IN RE: Apollo Gardens Retirement Residence Inc.
- IN RE: Abbey Manor Retirement Residence Inc.
- IN RE: Residential Plaza at Blue Lagoon, Inc. d/b/a Residential Plaza at Blue Lagoon
- IN RE: Larkin Community Hospital II, LLC d/b/a Floridian Gardens Assisted Living Facility
- IN RE: Memory Lane Cottage at Tampa Palms, LLC d/b/a Memory Lane Cottage at Tampa Palms
- IN RE: Happy Retirement, Inc. d/b/a Villa Rio Vista
- IN RE: Palm Shores Retirement Community, Inc. d/b/a Westminster Palms
- IN RE: ARHC ALTSPFL01 TRS, LLC d/b/a The Allegro at East Lake
- IN RE: SHP IV Harbour Island, LLC d/b/a Allegro
- IN RE: SHP IV Heritage Oaks, LLC d/b/a Allegro
- IN RE: SHP IV Fleming Island, LLC d/b/a Allegro
- IN RE: Oak Hammock at the University of Florida, Inc.
- IN RE: Eastside Assisted Living, LLC.
- IN RE: Pelican Marsh Subtenant, LLC d/b/a Aston Gardens at Pelican Marsh
- IN RE: Pelican Point Subtenant, LLC d/b/a The Inn at Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe
- IN RE: Parkland Commons Subtenant, LLC d/b/a The Inn at Aston Gardens
- IN RE: The Courtyards Subtenant, LLC d/b/a The Inn At Aston Gardens at the Courtyards
- IN RE: Tampa Bay Subtenant, LLC d/b/a The Inn at Aston Gardens Tampa Bay
- IN RE: Bradenton Senior Housing I OPCO, LLC d/b/a Windsor Oaks
- IN RE: Cresthaven East, LLC
- IN RE: Amore at Kanner Highway LLC
- IN RE: Heather Haven, Inc. d/b/a Heather Haven
- IN RE: Keko Jones Investments, Inc. d/b/a Palm Breeze A.L.F.
- IN RE: Paradise ALF 2017 LLC d/b/a Paradise Care Cottage
- IN RE: Heather Haven, Inc. d/b/a Heather Haven II
- IN RE: Miami-Dade County ALF d/b/a Helen M. Sawyer Plaza ALF
- IN RE: Carmitaâ€™s Assisted Living Facility IV LLC
- IN RE: A Bella Vita Place Assisted Living, LLC
- IN RE: CSH Tampa Leasee, LLC d/b/a Arbor Terrace at Citrus Park
- IN RE: ARHC BTFMYL01 TRS LLC d/b/a Barrington Terrace-Ft Meyers
- IN RE: A Blue Ribbon Assisted Living Facility LLC
- IN RE: Legacy at Highwoods Preserve
- IN RE: CRP Preserve Palm Aire, LLC d/b/a The Preserve at Palm Aire
- IN RE: Nona Senior Care, LLC d/b/a Watercrest of Lake Nona Assisted Living and Memory Care
- IN RE: Carmitaâ€™s Home Health Inc.
- IN RE: GAHC4 Balmoral FL TRS Sub, LLC d/b/a Balmoral Assisted Living
- IN RE: GAHC4 Bayside FL TRS Sub, LLC d/b/a Bayside Terrace
- IN RE: GAHC4 Lake Morton FL TRS Sub, LLC d/b/a Lake Morton Plaza
- IN RE: GAHC4 Renaissance FL TRS Sub, LLC d/b/a Renaissance Retirement Center
- IN RE: GAHC4 Spring Haven FL TRS Sub, LLC d/b/a Spring Haven Retirement
- IN RE: GAHC4 Grande FL TRS Sub, LLC d/b/a The Grande
- IN RE: Aguila Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Aguila Adult Care Center II
- IN RE: Aguila Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Aguila Adult Care Center
- IN RE: Bishop Grady Villas, Inc.
- IN RE: ARHC BTNAPFL01 TRS LLC d/b/a Barrington Terrace of Naples
- IN RE: Coastal Living LLC d/b/a Banana River Villas ALF
- IN RE: Elysian Gardens, LLC d/b/a Absolute Care Assisted Living Facility
- IN RE: Bishop Grady Villas, Inc.
- IN RE: Mitzvah Manor, LLC
- IN RE: Joy of Living Care Services
- IN RE: A Paradise Home ALF III LLC
Return to Top